Dionysus… the Olympian god of wine, pleasure, festivity, madness and wild frenzy.
My mother must have known something when she named me Dion after the Wine God Dionysus. My love affair with wine started over 20 years ago, and has taken me from the Cape Winelands to the vineyards of the world. I have experienced some of the finest wines in the world, gazed over beautiful vineyards and tasted food that would make angels sing. These experiences have touched me and moved me and it is this ethos that inspires The Travelling Vineyard.
- City and Guilds: Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking
- BeerLab: BeerMash Beer making Course
- Garagiste Movement: Make Your own Wine Course
- Boutique Distillation Workshop: Jorgensens Distillery
- Stellenbosch University: Wine Evaluation Course
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- Tourist Guide Institute: Western Cape Tourist Guide Certificate
- Venture Fouth Mountain Walking Guide Certificate
- Cape Wine Academy South African Wine Course